Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thermomix Varoma Omelette

On this drizzly cold Sunday morning in Adelaide I was happily lazing in bed with my iPad. No sooner my belly starts to beg me for some tucker and of course the other half is walking in and out the bedroom hinting he is hungry and can not attempt to mow the lawns until he has something in his stomach. So I decided I might attempt a omelette for the first time. 
I admit I didn't follow any recipes and just made from the top if my head, measuring things as i added them into the bowl. Can't wait to try again once I have done a bit more research ,I struggled a bit to remove it from the varoma tray as the omelette did break up a little. But I'm thinking that could be because of the egg white content and lack of yolks? But all in all it was a delicious brekky and went down a treat served with some of my home made spelt,rye and buckwheat bread which we toasted. Ill post the bread recipe on here very soon!

So ingredients I used are as follows:
2 whole eggs 
egg whites 
10g light milk 
100g bacon rashers 
30g tasty cheese 
30g mushrooms 
5 cherry tomatoes 
30g red capsicum 
1 garlic clove (optional , I have to add garlic to everything as we love it!) 
Salt & pepper 
1/3 teaspoon dried oregano 

So to start out I added to the thermomix bowl
Eggs and egg whites , milk & salt and pepper to taste. Then whisked on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
Remove egg mixture from bowl and set aside. 


Roughly diced the bacon rashers and chopped the garlic clove , then added to the thermomix bowl and cooked on varoma temperature for 2 minutes on reverse speed 2. While cooking I sprinkled the oregano through the lid. 

While waiting for the bacon to cook i started to boil water in the kettle ,Chopped the mushrooms, capsicum and tomatoes into small pieces and I just added it into the egg mixture that's set aside. 
Once timer is up remove cooked bacon from bowl and set aside.
Then cut out some baking paper so it fits snugly into the top varoma tray. Making sure the side vents are not covered. 

Pour boiling water from kettle up to the 1 litre mark in thermo bowl, place lid and varoma dish on top and set to varoma temperature for 15 minutes speed 3.


Slowly pour the egg and chopped veggies mixture into the tray, carefull not to let it seep through the sides of the baking paper. Then sprinkle the cooked bacon over the top followed by sprinkling grated tasty cheese on top of that too. Place the varoma lid on and let it do its thing. 

 
Looks a bit like a pizza in this pic ;) 

Once the 15 mins is up check it has all cooked and is firm and carefully remove the omelette with the baking paper still attached on the bottom, and move onto a chopping board. 
I then carefully sliced it in half and served up on 2 plates. 

And Viola! Omelette is served! 

Any feedback or suggestions on other omelette recipes would be ever so welcome! As I said I'd love to try this again with a few other ideas ;) 









   

No comments:

Post a Comment